Meet Dan, our first ever Coreus Apprentice! ️
Today marks Dan’s one year work anniversary. We couldn’t be prouder of how he has thrived during this time, both as a cost consultant and as an individual.
We asked Dan a few questions about his first year in the construction industry…
How have you progressed as a cost consultant this year?
For me, the most important thing I have developed is my confidence! I am now able to produce cost plans and complete valuations with very little assistance. In addition to this, I can fully contribute to client faced meetings, presenting work from both myself and the team.
How is your university course going?
I thoroughly enjoy studying alongside my role at Coreus. It gives me hands-on experience whilst still gaining the important qualifications needed to develop my career.
My course at the @UCEM equips me with technical knowledge and skills that I can transfer into my role. My favourite module so far has been Construction Technology. I learnt about how each component of a construction project comes together. This was really eye-opening for me!
What have been your project highlights?
- Completing a pretender estimate for Wood Rising, a residential project in Dorset.
- Assisting with the internal fit-out of the Sandy Park Hotel for the Exeter Chiefs.
- Producing pretender estimates and completing valuations for various public realm projects in Somerset for South Somerset District Council.
- Conducting valuations for Sky Park, a commercial project of industrial units for Burrington Estates.
- Assisting with UK Hydrographic Office, a demolition project for the Ministry of Defence.
Here’s to many more years with Coreus!
#apprenticeship #investinginpeople #workanniversary #construction #costconsultancy